<VV> rusted wheel

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Thu Jun 2 21:22:12 EDT 2005

Subject: <VV> wheel rusted to hub
I have a flat I need to get fixed, but I can't get the wheel off the hub!

I've asked friends and they say they have seen this problem, and they made
suggestions (which didn't work).  I've never seen it before.  The repeated
suggestion I got most was to remove the lug nuts, then lower the jack until
the that tire rests on the ground - and the weight of the car on that wheel
will pop it free.  I did that a few minutes ago; it didn't work.