<VV> Second Bent Fuel Pump Pushrod!

Greenbrier Goon greenbriergoon at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 00:02:09 EDT 2005

This is unbelieveable!

Last week I received a new fuel pump push rod from a leading vendor that was bent.  I called them up and they said they would send out another.  I received it today and IT IS ALSO BENT. I guess I should have specified that I wanted one that was NOT bent.

What the h*ll is going on here?  This is now setting me back another 2 weeks on this project.  I don't know where to go to get a new pushrod that is straight.  I really need to get this van running, but I can't do it if people keep sending me defective parts.

I have an original Corvair pushrod that is badly worn on the end but is not bent.  Am I going to have to use this and hope for the best?

As these little problems and setbacks keep mounting (i.e.: the pilot bushing incedent a few months back, the flywheel incedent last year etc) I am enjoying my 'vair less and less.  I may regret it later, but I may have to step away from the hobby if things continue like this.

Any ideas?

I can still keep working on other things.  I should be finished with the steering box rebuild this weekend.  Thank you to those who offered advice a few weeks back.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm