<VV> Second Bent Fuel Pump Pushrod!

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Sat Jun 4 00:20:01 EDT 2005

Charles,

How many thousandth's out are these rods?  Did you check it before you
installed it or did you discover it was bent after you installed it?

As far as stepping back from Corvairs because of two bent fuel pump push
rods and a problem with a pilot bushing... dude... you should be purchasing
new cars if issues like these cause you grief.  These cars are over 40 years
old... and your issues are not over yet NOR are they likely to be.

You get the van "done" and start using it... other things are going to start
breaking and they are going to continue to break and wear out, until you've
replaced every last part... and then the first parts you replaced are going
to wear out and... well; hopefully you get the picture.

Don't let some defective parts trouble you.  Send em' back and ask the
vendor to double check the parts before they ship them; they will.  And if
this is really all too frustrating; seriously... buy a new car and find
another hobby because there is only more frustration ahead for you.

Joe