<VV> RE: Cell phone myth

Steven R. Marti srmarti at netzero.net
Mon Jun 6 13:32:16 EDT 2005

I don't believe it.  People on "Myth busters" don't believe it.  Since the
remote control generates an RF signal (at least the one for my Hyundai does)
that has to be way outside the input band pass of the phone (which is in the
audio frequency range) I can't think of how it would ever be capable of
relaying the signal through the Cell phone system.  Of course a 05 Chevy
could indeed have Onstar.  You could talk to them on a cell phone and get
the door unlocked.  One day when I have nothing better to do I'll try the
experiment.  If it works, I'll report back that "Gee I was wrong"

Message: 5