<VV> RE: rare part

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Jun 8 00:00:39 EDT 2005

At 01:26 hours 06/07/2005, mopar at jbcs2.net wrote:

>    From: Dave Morris <BigD at DaveMorris.com>
>Subject: Re: <VV> rare part
>
>Awww, hell, they don't leak any worse than the VW water pumps.
>Yes, there is more than one way to pump up your positive feedback on
>eBay.  Make a bogus sale to a friend and exchange positive feedbacks on an
>item that doesn't exist.
>Dave Morris
>
>Many years ago, I got a parts counter guy to spend a lot of time looking
>one of those Corvair Water Pumps up..........laughed for days.
>
>This guy of course, very well may be one of us!
>
>Just playin around to see if anyone notices..........
>
>HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..............
>
>Then again, the so called "shill" bidder could be messing with the pump
>guy. His credit card on file has to pay the comission on the auction!
>
>Could even be worth a negative feedback.....shall we run up the auction
>even higher?

Not unless you cook up a bogus Ebay ID.   The deal with bogus auctions (for
whatever reason) is that the bidder never pays, gets protested by the
seller, no auction fees are charged against the seller because the
"deadbeat" bidder never paid.

If the auction isn't ended by Ebay, it's likely that the "sale" will not go
through in any event.   Copying the "bidder" ID  and doing a search later
may well turn up nothing, "no longer a registered user" etc.    The current
"bidder" signed up for Ebay within the hour of the ad being
posted.    What's more, the seller hasn't had a transaction for a very long
time.   Something is being cooked up somewhere for some obscure
reason.   Or, somebody is trying to raise a feedback rating without knowing
that the rating points only count if the ad sells something and the buyer
leaves feedback.   This means Ebay collects ad fees... and a 4000 buck
"sale" won't go unnoticed.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist...

tony..