<VV> St. Charles Rampside

Vic Howard vichoward at frontiernet.net
Fri Jun 10 23:35:58 EDT 2005

Wow! Small world!!!!
I owned that rampside for nearly 10 years and sold it to a gentleman in the
Chicago area the year before the Chicago Corsa Convention. Funny thing, and
this is true, his last name is Capone!!!  In Chicago no less.
After he viewed dozens of photos and was certain this was the rampside for
him, he flew to Las Vegas and a friend of his drove him down to the Bullhead
City, Arizona area where I live (across the Colorado River from Laughlin,
Nevada), paid the money and drove it straight through, back to Chicago. The
only problem he reported was that the idler pulley froze up on him about 100
from his home. He called someone from the Corsa Registry and they came out
and installed another on it and he continued his trip home. I flew out to
the National Convention in the Chicago area the next year (don't recall what
year that was) and he met me at the convention, drove me around the area in
the rampside. That was the first time I had ever ridden in that rampside as
a passenger. I am so proud that rampside is still out there entering car
shows. The colors are exactly the same colors I had it painted although he
planned to have a new paint job done to it since it had obtained a few door
dings and rock chips.
Vic Howard
Fort Mohave, Az.
Corsa member
President, Vegas Vairs
owner of: another 61 Rampside, 66 Monza coupe

Message: 8