<VV> MY FIRST CARB REBUILD(can ya tell I'm excited?)

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 18:03:32 EDT 2005

Well...

So I bought some rebuild kits for the carbs Terry sent
me, and spent some of yesterday, and about 4 hours
today cleaning, disassembling, and rebuilding them.

It was great...I spent 9 hours (no, I'm not kidding)
cleaning my garage the day before yesterday...which
wasn't all that great, but it needed to be done...and
now I actually ENJOY being in the garage.  We have a
one stall, with a 58 Edsel in it....need I say more?

But anyway...I laid everything out on the table at the
front of the garage...put the old parts next to the
new parts...I used Sea Foam and laquer thinner...and
did nothing but rebuild.

It really isn't that hard...there's not that much to
it.  Clean the jet, take off the venturi and clean it,
remove the float, and all of it's other parts...then I
just cleaned the heck out of it, blew it out with my
little electric compressor(I put the attatchment for
blowing up basketballs on it, and it worked just fine
for my purposes)  put it all back together carefully,
made sure the float was adjusted properly...wholed the
halves...hooked up the linkage, and I am done!

I have to say, not bad for a first timer *sigh*  but
we'll see what happens once I have them on the car.

Ryan