<VV> Radio Upgrade

Chris C, Warwick RI ricorvair at cox.net
Mon Jun 13 09:48:18 EDT 2005

You could take the scrap computer case and trim the excess to make your own
face plate cover.  Even paint it to match your dash.  Its vairy flexible,
and if you put brackets on the back should even bend to the shape of your dash.

I am taking a dead computer case (the kind that was solid on both sides,
cutting what I don't need away.  Painting the rest black and mounting it
under the unused ash tray.  Making it removable, the wife likes the stock
look in her 63, and I like music.

One thing I have done in the past, is made the radio part portable.

Take a set of amplified computer speakers (surround sound works well),  put
speakers where you want.  Get a cig power adapter to wire into fuse box for
the speaker power.   The wires conveniently tuck under the dash.  The
speakers can even be made to be removable...for the stock look.

Then any walkman, cd player, MP3 PLAYER,  IPOD, anything that uses regular
mini head phone jacks is your source.