<VV> Rough Running

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicspdi.com
Tue Jun 14 14:27:07 EDT 2005

An interesting note ... electronic devices more or less fail at
random.  This means that the odds of it failing the first minute you
install it are the same as 5 years after you install it.  Of course, the
reason I said "more or less" is because there can be heat damage in a car
and there are some non-electronic parts to the Pertronix.  But, it is
certainly possible to get a brand new Pertronix and have it fail
immediately.  Having said that, my experience with Pertronix is that they
either work or they don't ... nothing in between.

At 05:33 AM 6/14/2005, Mike Stillwell wrote:

>  Thanks Larry, Art, Joe, Matt and Seth.
>
>  Honestly, and I'm kicking myself now, I did not look
>into the Pertronix, because it was a professionally
>installed unit, with few miles on it. I did check the
>plugs, Bosch W8AC's gapped at 32 - fine. Cap and rotor
>looked fine. Perhaps now is the time to swap out for a
>standard ignition set up. BTW - new Seth's Wires!
>
>  Thanks again - Mike
>
>--- Larry Forman <Larry at Forman.net> wrote:
>
> > At 06:13 PM 6/13/2005 -0700, AKG wrote:
> > >Take a look at your distributor too.  Maybe a loose
> > points plate or
> > >excessive looseness of the shaft.  Cap, Rotor??
> > >Keep looking - you'll find it.
> > >
> > >The Artful Dodger
> >
> > I think this is excellent advice.  When you did both
> > carbs twice, time to
> > look elsewhere.  > Larry

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html

NEW Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots of
pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon (with Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels).

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/corvairs.html