<VV> Electric Fuel Pump Question

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Fri Jun 17 12:35:30 EDT 2005

IMHO: The best place: In the tank. 1) Quieter 2) Runs cooler,  but, (-) hard
to install (-) hard to service.

The next best place: Under the passenger floor, just aft of the tank outlet
and body crossmember. 1) Well protected, 2) Easy to service but, (-)
noticeable noise when running.

For the undercar install, use a holesaw and grommets to get through the  body
crossmember (two hoses, two holes, four grommets).  Don't forget to  put a
filter between the tank and the pump inlet.

Last time I did this (an hour ago) on my '65 it worked out just fine!   My
other e-pump car has the pump in the tank.  I put it in through a new  port in
the top of the tank and have a matching hole in the trunk, solving the
serviceability problem.  The in-tank pump is very quiet while the  underfloor pump
(even though mounted in foam lined clamps) makes a noticeable  whine.  Your
choice!
Craig Nicol

<snip>Just curious - where is the best place to put an electric  fuel pump in
my 66 turbovert?<unsnip>