<VV>Where does the gas go

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sat Jun 18 13:17:23 EDT 2005

At 11:29 AM 6/18/2005, you wrote:
>Almost ever Vair I've had; 110's, 140's and now my 180, if left for several
>days would take a while to start.
>If so, why so? Where does the gas go ?

It evaporates, faster in warm climates and from a hot engine. My Judge
(quadrajet) does the same thing. I had to add a prime button to my
dual-quad setup on the Sunbird or it would take many cranks to start
(electric fuel pump & interlock with oil pressure switch). OTOH every fuel
injected engine I've had (including a 63 Corvette) starts on the first
crank even after sitting for a week or more. Modern cars are self-priming.
Having a really hot spark helps.

Padgett