<VV> Corvair Baby lyrics

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Jun 20 19:53:28 EDT 2005

I think I've answered my own question.
I believe he is singing: "I got a gal who digs rallies the most, Corvair baby."

I'm tellin' ya, it's slurred speach from all the ethanol! ;)

In case anyone besides me gives a hoot, the rest of the lyrics (as I hear them) are:

I got a gal who digs rallies the most, Corvair baby.
We head for the course way down on the coast, Corvair baby.

I make the first turn, she says "oh yeah!"
I'll make the second she'll smile
By the time we're in the straightaway, she's by my side
And wo yeah, she digs my style

Stick with me baby and stay by my side, Corvair baby.
'Cause I want you there whenever we ride, Corvair baby.
We'll be together wherever we go, and everybody will know,
Hey, you're my baby, my Corvair baby and I'll, I'll never let you go.

(guitar solo)

Well, I make the first turn, she says "oh yeah"
I'll make the second she'll smile
By the time we're in the straightaway, she's by my side
Wo yeah, she digs my style.

Stick with me baby and stay by my side, Corvair baby.
'Cause I want you there whenever we ride, Corvair baby.
Now, we'll be together wherever we go, and everybody will know,
That you're my baby, my Corvair baby and I'll, I'll never let you go

You're my baby, my Corvair baby & I'll, I'll never let you go
Wo You're my baby, my Corvair baby & I'll, no I'll never let you go ....

It's not a bad song ya know.  I love 60's music as much as I love 60's cars.

See, even the rockers knew that Corvairs were for rallying - not drag racing.  Now that's REAL racing baby.

mike