<VV> speeding in Oregon

Paleofish sbuna at unm.edu
Tue Jun 21 23:47:03 EDT 2005

When I was living near John Day, Or.  it was so far from anyone that the
cops would tell you that they won't pull people over untill they were
doing over 70.  all the roads in that neck of the woods were 55.  Highway
19 (which I lived off of) was a typical road up there.  there were
streatched where you could easily drive 70 and then you would come up to
curves when the suggest speed was 20 and what they really ment was 15 or
you flip your car in to the river.  I never did it but saw many cars in
the river.

I think the cops were so lienent in the area because we were so far from
any where.  When I say I lived near John Day I was still 50 miles from it.
120 from Bend.

Sally

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Lonny Clark wrote:

> You just have to know the spots where the police hide. I commute every
> week from southern Oregon to northern Oregon (Myrtle Creek to
> Beaverton), and I usually run 75+. Slow down just north of Eugene, slow
> down just South of Corvallis, and slow down anywhere within 5 miles of a
> rest area. They don't hide in the rest areas anymore. They hide a mile
> away from it so they can catch the people that speed up when they see
> that there are no police in the rest area. One other thing, don't speed
> right after rush hour or around closing time.
>
> PS: Matt, where between Coos Bay and Reno are you? I used to live in
> Reno and still have family there. I was born and raised in Roseburg,
> currently between Winston and Myrtle Creek.

~~Sally Willaims~~~<}}><~~~~www.unm.edu/~sbuna~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
when those pesky Mongolians try to invade, they'll come to the wall and
say "Oi! We can't invade China! They've got cute fishies!"