<VV> shippers (again)

MarPack57 at aol.com MarPack57 at aol.com
Mon Jun 27 19:28:13 EDT 2005

Here we go again. Purchased a 62 Brier in Michigan. Called CarOnATruck whom
I've dealt with before. Explained it was a mini-van type vehicle, got a
quote,sent the $$$. They emailed me with a pick-up number, a date for pick-up (June
29th) a date for delivery (July 5th) and everything was well with the world.
The truck driver called late this afternoon saying he's cancelling the pick-up
because he can't get his truck near the vehicle, trucks are not allowed on this
road etc, etc ,etc. Said he wasn't told it was a van and the owner would have
to drive it two miles to a terminal. Owner is presently out of town and left
all the necessary paperwork with his neighbor.
   This same vehicle was brought to this address a few years ago right to the
driveway by a car hauler!!!
    Now my question is: surely these people who advertise car hauling don't
think everyone lives at a terminal. I'm sure they have had "in-ops" in the
past, how are they handled? Why did the trucker not call his home base and ask for
a local rollback to take it to the terminal.
   So now we start all over again. Sure is frustrating and expensive, not to
mention dealing with a surly trucker.
   Your thought?  Ed in Fla