<VV> Dash removal Corsa "special"

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 16:40:46 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/28/2005 11:29:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
4carbcorvair at gmail.com writes:

Hi all.  How do I go about removing the dash panel with the guages in
it? I took out  all the screws. It seems to be hung up on the headlight
and wiper switches.  I unscrewed the bezels behind the knobs with no
luck. Do the wiper and  headlight switches have to be removed? If so,
how? Thanks!!

--
Ron Tinkham

Ron  - Since it is a Corsa, you have a few additional items to  disconnect.
First, the Odometer/tripmeter cable must be disconnected from the  dash bottom,
a small nut is undone and the cable pushed up and through. Also,  the
"useless on a 140 motor" vacuum /pressure gauge tubing must be removed  from the back
of the gauge. Finally, the same as a non-Corsa, you will have to  remove the
headlight pull. Not the switch assembly, just the knob that you pull  out to
turn on the lights. To do that, snake one hand up from under the dash.  Pull
the light knob all the way out to the stop with the other hand, then  depress
the little button on top of the switch (under the )dash, and pull the  knob the
rest of the way out. After you pull your hand out from under the dash,  go put
a bandaid or two on where you cut it! Now the dash can be removed - But
remember - Your lights are on!   AFter the dash is off, you can put  the knob back
into the switch.  - Seth Emerson