<VV> Re: Synthetic Blends

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Wed Jun 29 09:12:42 EDT 2005

I seem to observe (not scientific) that synthetic keeps my engine a little
cooler. Since I have a 140, A/C condenser in its air input, and live in a
hot climate, ANYTHING I can do to avoid knock, I will do in order to drive
with A/C on at all times and timing at stock advance, including pay for
premium fuel. These factors certainly do not impinge on other Corvair owners
in quite this way.
     On my other cars, if the car CAME with synthetic oil, that's what I
use; if it CAME with dino oil, that's what I use.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C