<VV> Re: Synthetic Blends

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue Jun 28 16:53:44 EDT 2005

I've never used synthetics and I don't dispute the claims made for them but the fact is I've never had an oil related problem with an internal combustion engine using REGULAR oil with reasonable change cycles.  Even with unreasonable change cycles I didn't have any lube related problems with my '85 golf.  I used to change its oil when I couldn't remember when I last changed it - sometimes a year might go by.  That thing went over 250K and would have gone more if hadn't been for a hurricane flooding the poor thing.

I also have a hard time with Amsoil just because it seems like they got some kind of cult thing going there. Kind of like the slick50 guys.

mike

I have used Amsoil 100% (NO CRUDE) oils, greases, etc.. in virtually
every engine, car, outboard, mower, etc.. I've owned since 1979.

<snip>

Just my quick 2 cents worth.

Tim in Bovey