<VV> Flare fittings.

Sebastian Denault corvairguy74 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 28 16:57:24 EDT 2005

I recently needed to replace the steel brake line that goes to the front
left wheel on my '65 coupe. The flare fitting in the wheel well was stuck,
and after I completely rounded the nut on it, I gave up, cut the line, and
just removed the flare fitting its self, still conected to the hose. Then I
moved on to the flare fitting on the block on the cars interior. I had wised
up and bought a flare fitting wrench and some penetrating oil. Using these
tools I was also only able to strip that flare fitting! I am now at my wit's
end. I don't know how I'm going to replace that line if it is fused to the
T-block with a mutilated flare fitting. I really need to get these brakes
working if I'm ever going to get my car driving again. It would be a shame
to let such a great car sit and rot in my front lawn. Any advice would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-Sebastian Denault