<VV> rebodied corvairs

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Jun 29 14:47:14 EDT 2005

At 09:09 hours 06/28/2005, NicolCS at aol.com wrote:
>I've been watching this thread and boy does it make me uncomfortable.   The
>line between fraud and practicality is pretty blurry here.  I think the  best
>way to decide is to imagine yourself in front of a judge, facing some
>kind  of
>big fine or jail term - remember the distinction between this and the
>activities of a chop-shop is more or less indistinguishable. Also, there's
>the
>problem of fraudulent cars - is a "real" 64 Spyder more valuable than
>a  "faked-up"
>'64 Spyder?  If it's my money, you bet!
>
>I feel that if you can imagine yourself in front of a judge and you feel
>that you can absolutely make the case that you weren't trying to make a
>buck  by
>putting all the Spyder stuff on a 500 (the flip side perspective) or  weren't
>simply taking the easy way out when there is a legal way - then  maybe.
>
>Otherwise, I don't think it's a good idea to commit felonies. <GGG>
>C. Nicol (flame suit installed and perhaps guilty too)

Ladies and gentlemen:

It's time for one of those "common sense" remarks.

It should go WITHOUT SAYING that if you EVER construct a vehicle from a
shoebox car, you NEVER sell it.   You keep it until you die, or if it
eventually outlives its usefulness, you part it out.

If you have any brains at all, you do NOT sell it.    Ever.      It's that
simple.

If you DO sell it and you get called on the carpet by an unsuspecting
purchaser, you deserve whatever you get.   You should have known better
than to attempt to sell it in the first place.

tony..