<VV> Re: oil things

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Wed Jun 29 14:30:50 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Stillwell" <yenko117 at yahoo.com>

>  I know I'm going to get grief from this, but for the
> hanger queen convertible, I change the oil once every
> 3 - 4 years, 200 miles max. >  Mike
>  YS-117
********
When we bot a rust free 74 Spirit of America Nova from Phoenix, we noticed
the engine oil coked badly ... ( the filler cap test was our first clue, we
had to chip the oil off ... ), and this reenforced our habit of using only
synthetic ( mostly Mobil1 5-x wt ) ...  on any car that we drive even
monthly, we change filters at around 2000 miles,and new oil at 10 to 30
thousand.  Except our Talon Turbo, which gets filters at 2000 and new oil at
4 or 6 thousand.  Anecdotally at least, this seems to be working just fine
just some trivia; ken campbell, working in Iowa ( dangit ) .....

oh yeah, and the coked oil Nova engine was burnt out ... worn out at only
100K .... but the no rust body was well worth the trade ... hey, the 350 sbc
rebuild was $700, a rusty body fix would have been $4000 or more ....