<VV> Wagon Redux

vairologist at juno.com vairologist at juno.com
Thu Jun 30 03:07:13 EDT 2005

Smitty says:  I finally got my new valve guide from Clarks today.  Got it
installed in the head and re centered the valve in the seat.  Got to do
the three angle cut in the morning and I can start re assembling things.
The valve really did a number on the seat but I can salvage it.   This
has been a real trauma for me seeing one of my cars down for more than a
couple of days.  Darn guide cost me the Iowa Convention and a family
reunion in KC for the 4th of July.  I can't blame it on the Corvair or my
mechanical skills either.  I have seen too much modern iron sitting
alongside the road.  It was just my time to feed the bear.
        Going to wait till Tuesday to leave toward Portland (slowly).
Want to avoid the Jul 4 traffic.