<VV> Damper Door Adjustment Update

Keith Hammett khammett at stainlessfab.com
Tue Mar 1 09:04:37 EST 2005

Thanks everyone for your response.  The general consensus is to adjust them
cold with no tension on the rod.  One person said the final test is to be
performed hot (door should be open all the way).  One person mentioned that
he didn't think it mattered from year to year, if it does then I would need
the method for an early car damper and rod (long rod) to an early/FC damper
door on a late engine.  I don't see how it would be different from year to
year so I did not include this information in the original post.

Now I have reopened the hot/cold adjustment debate and the early/late
debate.

Thanks to the group.
Keith (loosely adjusted) Hammett
'62 Rampside w/ late engine