<VV> Corsa Membership

Ian Harding iharding at destinydata.com
Thu Mar 3 13:11:32 EST 2005

If my local club charged $X + 35.00 and enrolled me in Corsa
automatically, I would be more inclined to join than if the
dues were $X and they nagged me to join Corsa.

I dislike 2 separate entities to manage memberships with more
than I dislike paying "extra" to join the local club.

I am not a member of the local club for "other reasons" (too
many kids, too far away, blah blah blah).

I seriously doubt money is an issue for 99% of people.  If
membership in Corsa were billed as a "benefit" of being a
member of the local club (at $X + $35.00) I would say "Thank
you."   When I am nagged to "do the right thing" I tend to dig
in and find reasons not to.

Can clubs (and are they willing to) manage members' Corsa
memberships for them?

Clubs don't compete for members based on price, I think it is
mostly geography driven.  Therefore, I don't think this would
have to be a "requirement" of all clubs (I'm sure plenty would
not like it as a requirement) and only the most thrifty among
us would "shop" for a chapter and spend $35 in gas money to
save $35 in dues;^)  I just wonder if it is an option.

Please forgive me if this is stupid.  I have not seen it
mentioned before in my years of lurking around here.

- Ian