<VV> Flip Side of CORSA Membership

Keith Hammett khammett at stainlessfab.com
Thu Mar 3 15:38:06 EST 2005

Bob,

In my case, depending on local dues amount, it might not be economical for
me to join CORSA if I had to also pay for a local membership.  (Note:  I
would still be a member of CORSA just to receive the Communique, just
playing devils advocate here.)

Here is a listing of the "local" clubs near me.

8 hour round trip to Show Me Corvair Club
7 hour round trip to Heart of America Corvair Owners
11 hour round trip to Mid-Continent Corvair Assn.
9 hour round trip to Indian Nations Corvair Assn.
6 hour round trip to Green County Corvair Group
10 hour round trip to Arkansas Corvair Club

These are all at least a days trip when you add in a 1 hour meeting.  How
likely is it for me to participate in any meeting or event?  Not very
likely!

A better solution would be to have a tier system set up in CORSA that one
can pick.

CORSA W/COMMUNIQUE  $35.00  (Some one too far away from local club or just
not interested in local club)

CORSA W/COMMUNIQUE & LOCAL CLUB $35.00 PLUS LOCAL DUES (SOME CLUBS CHARGE
MORE)

CORSA W/O COMMUNIQUE & LOCAL CLUB $15.00 PLUS LOCAL DUES (THE $15.00 AMOUNT
IS A GUESS)

Keith Hammett

ps:  It has already been suggested that I start a local chapter in my area,
I tried this several years ago and only had 2 that were interested (one was
only in the area for 4 to 6 months).