<VV> No Gas

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 3 16:26:26 EST 2005

If the tank has gas in it, try raising the front of the car and disconnect
the rubber hose just ahead of the fire wall - near the left rear wheel.  See
if you are getting any flow at that point.  This will at least help isolate
where the problem is.  Try removing the gas cap so the tank is getting air.
Perhaps the vent tube is blocked?

If you do have (gravity) flow at that point, the problem is aft of that.
Did you prime the fuel pump?  Does it have the correct length push rod?
Back off the tapered bolt which holds the pump in place and gently (don't
want to rupture the diaphram inside the pump) push the pump up and down
until you see gas in the carbs.  Remember that you need to get the float
chambers full too, so this is going to take 15 strokes or more.  You should
feel when the gas goes through the pump - it will be a little harder to
push.

Later, JR