<VV> No Gas

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 4 00:34:41 EST 2005

Joe,

Bob is telling you to use a hand pump for a reason.  If you try his method
using a compressor, you run the risk of blowing the strainer (AKA "sock")
off of the pickup on the sending unit inside the tank because of the higher
pressure.  If that happens, you'll have to drain the tank and remove the
sender in order to re-install the sock.  So, if you try that, do it with low
pressure.

We'd like to hear back on your results.  Subscribe to VV directly -
instructions at bottom of every message - and tell us how it went for you.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140