<VV> Hard not to get involved!

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 15:59:25 EST 2005

For starts, many thanks to all who responded to "When
is enough, enough?" with welcoming messages,
encouragement to use to delete key, and explanations
that you aren't all nut jobs.  I immediately felt  I'm
a part of the group.

A question for the late-late owners. I have two '68s,
both using a center-mounted pad on the ashtray and
around the radio bezel. On the older one, the foam is
coming apart, allowing the pad to pull away from the
ashtray face and dash, and on both, there's a fairly
sizable gap between the top of the bezel's pad and the
dash pad. I'd like to be able to pull the ashtray
open, although I quit smoking, without pulling the pad
off.
This raises three questions: is there an effective way
to glue the foam back together? Is permanently
cementing the pad's edges to the dash the only
solution? And was there originally some sort of piping
in the gap at the top?  Without these, anything I've
tried looks REALLY shoddy!

Chuck Kubin