<VV> TIG welding

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Sun Mar 6 17:59:24 EST 2005

<snip> Alan wrote: Those of you with a desire to learn about TIG welding need
to purchase a book by Corvair author Richard Finch, entitled "High
Performance Welding". This is the same Richard Finch that authored "How to Keep Your
Corvair
Alive". <unsnip>

Yes, thanks for the tip.  I already do have that book and it's a good
starting point for learning all phases of welding.  Unfortunately, it does not
address the TIG set-up required for mild steel and that lead to my post earlier
today.  When I wanted to learn how to run a "Heliarc" welder, I took a
one-semester TIG class at the local JC.  Fantastic opportunity to learn something in a
controlled environment.  It was also fun slipping in the the restroom in the
high-rise building where I worked and changing from my suit into welding clothes
before leaving for the evening class.  "Made me feel like Clark Kent!
Craig N.