<VV> shocks

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Mon Mar 7 18:32:44 EST 2005

I think you mean that other shocks that you  have purchased extend
themselves automatically when the restraining strap is taken off.  That's  true for
gas-charged shocks but not for regular shocks.  To prepare a  regular shock for
use, hold it vertically (I usually step on the bottom tube  with my feet) and
extend and compress the shock a couple of times to get  the air and fluid in
the proper places.  When the shock can be extended and  compressed smoothly,
fully extend it and install it in the car.  Also note  that shocks usually
compress very easily and are more difficult to extend.
Craig Nicol
<snip>
ok folks, i think im loosing my mine.  question....i just bought front shock
for my 69 and when i opened them and  looked the shocks were all ready
compressed. and -0- recoil is this suppose  to be like this. other shocks i
bougt for
other cars had mega recoil and a  tab to hold it compressed. these new ones
are
nothig like that.   so  am i right when i say that they are no good thanks
for
all of your  help in advance  dave c.<unsnip>