<VV> re: Oil pressure sender

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Mon Mar 14 21:04:16 EST 2005

I'd like to add that some senders need a solid electrical ground to make
them work. To do that with an adaptabolt, you need to use a copper
washer in place of the bolt gasket. The trick here is that in order to
seal, all surfaces need to be perfectly flat. If you run a mill file
over the Corvair's oil filter adapter housing, where the bolt gasket
seals, you'll usually find that it is anything but flat. Just file it
off flat with the mill file.

I think ALL Corvairs could benefit from having this surface filed flat.

-Mark C