<VV> Oddities

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Mar 18 17:55:42 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/18/2005 11:59:21 AM Pacific Standard Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

I have  noticed items that seem to get started or carried over at about the
time  of model year change over.  Examples, an early '65 (sold in Oct of '64)

that had the sleeve on the left heater hose and a late '66 that had two
holes in the trunk for brake lines even though it had a single  master.

I have an LA built 65 in the driveway that has no heater air inlet  under the
rear grille. No inlet, no cover for it! Not sure when that one was  built -
It does have the late (66 style) steering column in it. I have had other  66s
with the second hole for the dual master. I always guessed that it was for
that, anyway! I once worked in a vehicle production line environment. (M113A1s
if you wondered) Stuff got used until it was gone, unless a BIG deal was made
of  it. Tracking some of the changes was a pain in the butt.

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer at aol.com
C's the day! Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette