<VV> dummy drivetrain

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Sat Mar 19 14:05:38 EST 2005

Please help illuminate a deep, dark corner of my mind. (gotta light? <ggg>)
(This relates to late models) Several have suggested connecting the lower
strut rods together with a stout strap.  As I recall doing this (25 years ago
that's where the dimmness and cobwebs enter the picture) the weight of the
vehicle was enough to cause the rear wheels to tip-in, twisting the trailing arm and
causing tire-contact with the inner fender.  I also recall that the rear
wheels would occasionally "flop" like parallel windshield wipers. I think this is
what caused me to move towards the "dummy drivetrain" approach.  Am I
recalling this correctly?
Thanks, Craig N.