<VV> Re: decision time oil pan type

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Sun Mar 20 07:31:32 EST 2005

> From: "kovacsmj" <kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: <VV> decision time oil pan type
> To: "'VV'" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
>
> I'm approaching final assembly on a 140 P/G engine for my '66 4 dr.
> that will have the A/C reinstalled eventually. I have an option of using
> the original oil pan or a deep aluminum one. I don't intend to lower the
> oil pickup if I go to the Aluminum one.
> Comments any advantages?????
> MIKE KOVACS connecticut

Last year I pulled the deep oil pan off me Greenbriar to change the gasket.
The pickup was NOT dropped as it should be and the sump had a large
collection of sludge in it, even some lead from gas way back when...........

Is it advantageous to have a deep sump like this for a debris depository?

Original owner took real good care of this van, only 58,000 miles when I got
it but it had been updated to a 110 motor and 65 differential. Still, I have
never seen this amount of sludge in a Vair pan...............

Gary Swiatowy