<VV> DAUGHTER'S 1ST CAR - FOLLOWUP

Macdonald David dmacd_us at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 10:47:44 EST 2005

I read the thread with some interest as I was looking
for a car for my daughter at the same time.

I ended up with this list of required features:
1) Airbags
2) ABS
3) American (Cheap plentiful parts available)

She added:
4) Enough room to load color guard equipment in the
back, station wagon preferred.

Budget:
$2000 including registration, taxes, inspection etc.

I just purchased a 1995 Sable Wagon with 133k on it. I
expect it will cost about $1800 all in. 10% under
budget.

I have 4 kids and she is the first to get her license.
I don't expect it to survive all four. I'll do what I
can to train the kids well but the statistics are not
on my side.

David

When I was 17 I had a 68 GTO 4 speed. It's a miracle I
survived.

David
'65 Corsa 140 4 speed