<VV> Where does the small wiring harness from temp sensor and oil pressure sensor go?

Larry Forman Larry at forman.net
Tue Mar 22 13:52:28 EST 2005

At 08:34 AM 3/22/2005 -0700, Joe West wrote:
>All,
>
>I am getting ready to install a new wiring harness (very small) that goes
>from the main engine bay wiring harness to the right cylinder temperature
>sending unit and oil pressure sending unit.
>
>My old harness was destroyed... And now I'm at a memory loss to figure out
>where the harness transitions from the top of the engine to the right hand
>side temperature sending unit.  The oil pressure connection is a piece o
>cake and so is the plug in to the main engine bay harness... The problem is
>that I can't figure out where the wire that goes to the right hand side head
>should go through the sheetmetal to get from the top of the engine to the
>sending unit on the head.
>
>Can someone describe where this wire goes through the sheetmetal?
>
>Kind Regards,
>
>Joe West

Hi Joe,
Let's see if I can do this from memory.  There are two different small
wiring harnesses that connect from the main engine bay harness to both the
temp sender switch and the oil sender.  It depends upon the CORSA model or
not, I THINK.  It has to do with either separating the two or running them
together electrically.  The different LATE shop manuals show two different
wiring diagrams.

The wiring goes through a large rubber grommet which will be much closer to
very hard plastic at this stage.  It is about a one inch hole or so to
allow the connector to go through since otherwise a much smaller grommet
would be adequate for the one wire to connect to the snap switch.  The
panel is the one which mounts against the block and has two pieces to grip
on both the front and back of the outward curved, lower block, vertical
rib, this is at the extreme rear and right lower part of the rear block
surface, as I recall.  The smallish sheetmetal part mates to the damper
door square outlet piece and the engine block.  HTHs and is clear enough
for you without a picture.

-- Larry