<VV> 1966 Corsa Seats

Samuel D. Streiff cmpwbn at gis.net
Wed Mar 23 13:22:16 EST 2005

After 40+ years of Corvair ownership, I should know this, but .

I tried to detach the backs of my front bucket seats from the bottoms
yesterday.

I need to get the backs off to send them to a guy in Texas without damaging
the upholstery. He is going to put correct style head rests on them (a p.o.
removed the head rest seats years ago).

After removing the metal side covers/moldings from the seat backs, I see the
seat back pivots on the inner side of the seats and I see that the outer
pivots that are covered with what appears to be removable protectors.
Looking under the seats, I don't see anything indicating that by removing
the protectors, etc. I'll get anywhere.

I don't see anything in the parts manual, assembly manual, or the shop
manuals (although I admit I don't have the body service manual) showing
details of the frames of the seats.

Thus I turn to the experts of VV!

Can it be done?

Thanks,