<VV> 64 leaf vs camber compensator

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Sat Mar 26 11:28:39 EST 2005

I think camber compensators have to pivot at the middle, so are not "clamped".
I don't recall seeing a 64 factory unit, so don't know what it really was.

>One of the Gurus did this and simply left the leaf against the bottom of
>the differential, with a strap securing it in place with a couple of screws
> in holes drilled/tapped in the diff.   Not sure if he drilled all the way
>through or just enough to hold a couple of short capscrews.

Me, I'd rather cobble up a bracket to secure and support the leaf, ala the
EMPI camber compensator leaf bracket which was held in place by two overly
long bottom belhousing bolts with nuts on the transaxle side to hold the
bracket in place, supported the leaf nicely.

I'm supposed to have gotten some photos of the bracket sent off to someone
but still haven't crawled under the car yet...