<VV> Battery Question

vairologist at juno.com vairologist at juno.com
Sun Mar 27 02:15:03 EST 2005

> From: "J R Read_HML" <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: <VV> battery area question
---------------big snip-----------
If you are really that concerned about it, go
> get a new maintenance free battery for your Vair - or exchange it
> with one of your civilian cars.
> Later, JR
Smitty says:  No doubt someone will correct me whether I am wrong or not.
 But I am always willing to learn something.  It is my understanding that
a Maintenance free battery is just another common battery with a huge
over capacity of electrolite over the plates so it will die of old age
before the electrolite is depleated.  If that is the case it would still
be vented and in case of over charge or over load, would still
contaminate the air passing by.