<VV> battery area question

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Sun Mar 27 01:37:20 EST 2005

Then technically speaking, you had the wrong size battery. Unless you
went with the "heavy duty" size, in which case you needed the option's
special battery caps. This option had the terminals on the outboard side
of the battery, like standard cars (remember that the '65-9 Corvair uses
a 'backwards' battery), and used a plate that fit under the battery hole
caps in gangs of 3, and a special vented cover that snapped onto the
plate and attached to the stock rubber vent tubes. It also came with a
6" longer ground cable.

-Mark