<VV> battery area question

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sun Mar 27 11:57:14 EST 2005

Hi again,

I have a pair of heavy duty Corvair vent caps which, as I mentioned in my
into possession of a set of two-piece vent caps that look just like the
Corvair HD ones except that they are a little longer--obviously for a
different battery.

I spent quite a bit of effort about 10 years ago trying to figure out what
car these were used on with no luck. If anyone can help, please do! "Help"
at this point would be specific information on the application or a person I
could talk to who would have such info. I am past the brainstorming mode of
"well it MIGHT fit...". I chased leads like that until I was out of breath.
:-)

I still wonder if it fits a Corvette but I have talked to enough Corvette
people who "should know" and came up empty handed.

The Corvair battery changed in '67 (I think) but from the assembly manual it
looks like it was mainly a styling change to the case and a new numbering
system--the posts appear to be in the same place with the same spacing.

--Kent