<VV> Re: Battery vent caps.

DTerry8123 at aol.com DTerry8123 at aol.com
Sun Mar 27 12:11:55 EST 2005

I'm going to jump in on the vent cap discussion. I had always used the vent
cap system that came with my 65 Corsa until around 1971. I purchased a
replacement battery of the correct size (22F) from Sears. This was the  third
battery for this car and the first that wasn't a Delco. The vent caps  fit the
spacing of the holes in the battery top, but the holes were larger so  the vent cap
assembly didn't seal properly. I ended up with a lot of acid  accumulating on
top of the battery. I had to go back to the Sears  caps.

Dan Terry
65 Corsa 140 coupe
Corvair Atlanta