<VV> Tire gurus

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Sun Mar 27 12:16:52 EST 2005

That may be, but I've never seen any manufacturers specs on what the
rolling diameter is on a 7.00-13. That tire was long out of production
by the time I started looking at rolling diameter. All I can say is what
is listed on the speedo head, for better or worse, regardless of what
Chevy said or did. And 825 revolutions per mile mathmatically calculates
out to 24.44 inches in rolling diameter. You going to dispute that math?

If what's on the speedo head is to be believed, and the math calculates
as correct, then why can't we use as the correct size of tire one with
the correct 24.44 inches rolling diameter? All the 185's I've seen seem
to list a smaller rolling diameter.

At least we can agree on rolling diameter being the critical dimension
for accuracy. Glad that you also agree with the visual assessment. At
least then I'm finally making headway.

-Mark