<VV> Batteries

PapaDon30b at aol.com PapaDon30b at aol.com
Sun Mar 27 17:17:18 EST 2005

 Don W in Denver -64 Monza
  I have been retired for 9 years In my career I have seen Batteries under
the floor, under the seats , in the trunk and after about 1937 in the engine
compartment.  Lead acid batteries start gassing and emit Hydrogen gas while
charging after about 80% charge so must have vents.this is an explosive gas  (never
get a spark or flame near a Battery) during 40 years maintaining and
repairing battery's from motorcycle size up to 24 cell 4000 pound industrial fork lift
battery size. Ihave studied   Lead acid and nickle/iron/alkaline Batteries
continually during that time
I suggest that you go to a library and get a  book on batteries to understand
how they work and why.