<VV> timing for YC engine

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Thu Mar 31 00:37:57 EST 2005

_UltraMonzaWest at aol.com_ (mailto:UltraMonzaWest at aol.com)   writes:

To  re-tension??    find a socket that is slightly smaller than the flat
part
of the diaphram.....put in a vice and squeeze approx. 1/4".....then  test
drive!

Mat is correct except you will want to depress the metal at the end of the
vacuum advance unit by 1/16" to start with and I don't recommend more than
1/8" total.  After that there is a good possibility of the metal cracking
eliminating it as a vacuum unit.  I use a vacuum pump with a gage on it and  try to
get the unit to just start to pull in at 9 to 10 inches.  Use a  socket but
tap it in with a hammer while holding the unit securely in a vise.

Ed Corson  (CORSA Member)
IECC