<VV> baffled

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Thu May 5 12:18:14 EDT 2005

Aside from the obvious function of keeping large objects away from the
pickup tube, the sock also keeps small particles from getting to the fuel  pump.  A
tiny grain of sand in one of the fuel pump check valves will take  the pump
down and the car will stop in it's tracks.  I have had this  happen.  If you
don't have sock, new ones are inexpensive and  available through our vendors and
locally at NAPA.  They usually  last for a decade or two.

BTW, your subject line is a good example of a poor subject line.   Someone
coming into the middle of the thread would have no idea what is being  discussed
in "baffled" and someone reviewing the archives wouldn't have a  clue what
the thread is about.  Something like "fuel delivery problem"  might have been a
better choice.  :)
Craig Nicol
65,66,67

<snip> I have a new sending unit so I will replace the whole  unit and
see if that remedies anything.  Is there any harm in not using  the fuel
sock?<unsnip>