<VV> Interesting yet sad web sites... classiccarsrotting

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Fri May 6 14:31:44 EDT 2005

The several posts ofver the last 2 days  got me thinking.....

Having grown up in the 60's [before I was 18! ggg]  And working in a carlot /
being part of the "street scene".......NOTHING  should go to waste!  LOL!  I
still hold to that.

But reality is......Billions of cars produced over the years.....Americans
have become "dumb" when it comes to appliances....."cheaper to buy another "
Yea sure!  ggg But then again..Math is not a strong trait here in the US.  LOL!

We're a "throw away" society......pictures prove it!  How many of these cars
that weren't wrecked/rusted out....needed just 1 or 2  items to get them
going....?????????

Recently a person on another forum  was proud  of the amount of Vairs they'd
possessed....said it didn't matter how many went to scrap........when I asked
"how many do you still have?  and how many  are drivable?    SILENCE!   LOL!!
 ggggg

That being said.....Ed Corson recently let me know the car he sold
me...setting for 15 yrs....whereupon I got it driveable..then removed the engine
/trans...and sold it back to him...is on the road! Then of course the Eastern Ultra
Monza...is a driver now as well. So...that makes just 2 cars in my whole
life..out of over 200 [ 10 of which have been Vairs [cars],  that have gone to the
scrap yard.....both bought for parts!..one totalled..the other rusted so
bad...it was "unsafe at any speed"   ggg  Unfortunately  they were both Corvairs!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!   What's yours?

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V