<VV> VairAid

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Tue May 10 22:37:34 EDT 2005

Hi Gang!

I have just returned from our monthly meeting of the Derby City Corvair Club. Unfortunately one of our members, Lon Anderson, was not able to attend again this month due to his seriously broken leg. Lon was a big part of the national convention in Lexington last year. He organized the camping out portion and followed through, running the event even after he broke his leg. Lon is also a member of the Lexington club and has continued to do an excellent job as editor of the Lexington club's newsletter. Our club was a co-sponsor of the convention along with the Lexington club and we made quite a bit of money as a result.

We discussed the "VairAid" stream on Virtual Vairs at tonight's meeting and decided to send Lon and his wonderful family a check for $1000.00 to help them through their tough times. We would like to thank all those who have contributed to Lon's aid.

Ken Maxwell
Derby City Corvair Club
Louisville, KY