<VV> Resistance wire in Wiring Harness

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon May 16 01:15:56 EDT 2005

In a message dated 5/15/2005 7:47:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca writes:

I  replaced the almost non-existent engine bay wiring harness with a  Clarks
wiring harness in the engine bay of my 66 convertible. Does anybody  know if
it includes a resistive wire for the ignition? I am asking because  I have a
Pertronix ignition system and if memory serves me correctly it  requires a
full 12 volts.

It seems to work fine so I am just  curious.
It should be there. It is completely embedded into the stock harness. It
should go from the main body plug to the starter feed plug where it will be
crimped to another wire which feeds the coil. You could remove that one  specific
plug at the main body harness and add another wire to feed the  coil directly.
That will feed 12 volts (less some loss through the  wiring system) to the
Ignitor and the coil. Others may have differing opinions  on whether that is the
best idea. But it worked fine for me for a number of  years.

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer at aol.com
C's the day! Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette