<VV> Re: INline gas turnoff

Tareece at aol.com Tareece at aol.com
Tue May 17 20:12:12 EDT 2005

JR,
    This is an idea that I truly do not like...It would seem to me that there
could be liabilty issues if the gas were to shut off and a wreck were to
occur because of a person not paying attention and noticing a non-moving car in
the middle of the road...As weird and improbable as it may seem and as unlikely
as it may be, we all know there are multitudes of drivers that are not paying
proper attention to the task of driving.
   The only theft deterrent that I will put on my car is the one that
completely disables the car from starting to begin with. Time is not a thiefs friend,
so the more delay that you can put into his task, the less likely the theft
will occur...

<<In a message dated 5/17/2005 5:02:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Begin snip-a-roo--->Maybe something
could be designed which appears to be an in line filter, but has a fuel
cutoff located out of sight - on the bottom side.  Car will start and run
for a block or two.  Thief now has a non-running car in the middle of
traffic.  Likely, he/she will abandon at that point?

Later, JR>>>end snip-a-roo

Todd Reece
65 Monza Convert
TnT's Corvair Parts <----webpage for NOS parts