<VV> 100ft lbs torque?

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Wed May 18 22:32:40 EDT 2005

Yes Mike, that specification in the manual is in error.  I  suggest a 30
ft-lb torque on the differential side yoke retaining  bolts.  The bolts will shear
long before you reach the manual's specified  torque - BTDT ;)
Craig Nicol,
65,66,67

<snip>
I am preparing to install a PG transaxle on my rebuilt  engine. Prior to
installation I replaced the axle seals in the differential.  The ’65 book
says 100 fl lbs for the bolt that holds the yoke in. That seems  awful
high for such a small bolt. I know the big yoke nut on the wheel end  is
100-150 lbs.  I also filled the differential. I believe ½ inch below  the
filler plug is sufficient. Any comments??   <unsnip>